Zambia cuts Barbra Banda, three other NWSL players from China games, citing Donald Trump’s U.S. travel policy

Date:

banda.jpg
Getty Images

The Football Association of Zambia withdrew four NWSL players from the women’s national team’s roster for this month’s Yongchuan International Tournament in China, citing concerns about the United States’ new travel policies.

The Orlando Pride trio of Barbra Banda, Grace Chanda and Prisca Chilufya were called up for the games, as was Bay FC’s Rachael Kundananji. The group, though, will no longer make the trip during this international window to avoid issues upon their attempts to re-enter the U.S. to resume play with their club teams.

“FAZ general secretary Reuben Kamanga says the four players … will not be available owing to additional travel measures introduced by the new administration in the United States of America,” the association wrote in a Wednesday statement. “Kamanga says acting on the advice of key offices among them the United States of America Zambian mission in Washington and the two clubs for the players; the best decision was to withdraw the players from the China assignment.”

The players are expected to be available…

Read more…

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Latest News

More like this
Related

30 years later: How UConn went undefeated to win its first NCAA title in 1995

Alexa PhilippouCloseAlexa PhilippouESPNCovers women's college basketball and the WNBA Previously...

Fan who used hateful language toward Barba Banda banned by Gotham FC

The fan who engaged in hateful language directed at...

Ex-Man Utd star Brandon Williams makes heartbreaking admission and lifts lid on darkest days

Brandon Williams looked to have a bright future at...